Information about the coronavirus
We are committed to keeping our hospital safe. We do this for you, your loved ones and our staff. As of March 20, 2023, the following rules apply.
You are no longer required to wear a face mask inside our hospital buildings, unless you would be more comfortable doing so. We ask patients to wear a face mask if they have a fever and/or respiratory symptoms, but still can and need to go to the hospital.
You can have up to 2 persons with you at your appointment.
Patients can have up to 2 adult visitors at the same time between the hours of 11.00am and 8.00pm. A maximum of 2 children aged 12 and under may accompany an adult visitor.
Exceptions to visiting rules
- Intensive care unit (ICU) for adults, VUmc location: visits between 11.00am and 3.00pm and between 4.00pm and 8.00pm.
- PACU: visits between 7.00pm and 8.00pm.
- SEH: no fixed visiting hours.
- Obstetrics and pediatric wards: visit in consultation with the ward and parents.
- Some nursing departments also have different visiting hours and rules. If this is the case, you will be told by the department itself.
Are you a patient?
Call the department if you are too sick to come. Do you have a fever and/or respiratory symptoms (cold, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath), but must and can come to the hospital? Please wear a face mask.
Are you a visitor?
Please do not come to the hospital if you have a fever and/or respiratory symptoms, such as a cold, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath. This will prevent possible infection of patients, visitors and hospital staff.